Saturday, July 28, 2012

Due Date!

Another big milestone for our family..today is my due date!
Gabby is 3 months old, weighs 6 pounds 5 oz and is 19.5 in. At birth Gabby weighed 1pound 8oz and 11in. She has come such a long way in 3 months. We still have a ways to go, but with staying faithful and continuing to love her we are sure she will come home one day. (Even though at times I feel tempted to bring my king size bed in her room!)
 Today was a good day for Gabby. The good days are the days we hold on to and write things down. Today she ate 5ml from a nipple syringe!! This is HUGE as she will have to get her respiratory under control, and eat from a bottle at the next phase in her life.
I couldnt help but look back through pictures and think about that day in April when she was born. I was so scared. Tim stood by my side the entire time. Held my hand through so many things. Gabby really truly has the best dad in the entire world. 
I can still hear the doctor say "ok..Im definitely feeling some appendages, either a foot or a hand" and then everything from that moment on went at warp speed.
Over the past three months God has taught me to lean on him. Something Im still learning. Some of my prayers have turned into begging and bargaining at several points over the past 3 months. Praising God for EVERYTHING that she does is an everyday occurrence. She is the most amazing little human I have EVER met in my life. In the end God picked Tim and I to be her parents, she just decided to meet us 3 months early!!

Gabriella Faith Neal                         July 28th 2012                       In her fancy tutu from Aunt Sarah!







Thank you God for breathing air into her lungs, giving her the strength to push through. Thank you for our miracle, my little Gabriella. Please continue to heal her. Thank you for blessing us with her.
Amen

No comments: